sábado, 5 de marzo de 2011

5th March, Celebrating Differently

Today is the 5th of March, a festivity in my city but I've never joined the people on the park drinking, eating and laughing. I was always celebrating something else. This day was my grandma's birthday so instead of going out with my friends I used to stay at her place drinking, eating and laughing with my family. Even when I was a teenager I never preferred the other option. Now there's nothing to choose but I choose not to go out and celebrate her birthday by myself, remembering how she received me when I got her home, in a way everybody in the block knew I was there, how she got so funny angry when I refused to be combed and brushed, how she tought me to play cards and clean parts of the house nobody cleans, how she cooked (oh my, HOW SHE COOKED!), how I teased her about her son/my father, how she called me "fat" using thousands of euphemisms (to be honest, I was quite fat by then), how she kissed me the way only a grandma knows how to kiss, how she made me think she was a witch when guessing right what I lunched at school...

[For the record, I'm the baby in the photo]

1 comentario:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...