lunes, 2 de enero de 2012

What I read in 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Sorry for my abscense but I've been working hard (remember, I'm a teacher) and writing my short stories and things for Norma Jean Magazine. Not an excuse, I KNOW. Anyway, this year I've discover I love making lists and I applied my new skills to record what I've read and the movies I've watched (next post). So here you have the books I've read:

-The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood
-Beloved by Toni Morrison
-Heaven on Earth: 101 Happy Poems ed. by Wendy Cope
-The Machine Stops and the Celestial Omnibus by E.M. Forster
-Nocturnes by Kazuo Ishiguro
-The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway
-Que caiga el favorito by Ramiro Gairín Muñoz
-Animal Farm by George Orwell
-The Help by Kathryn Stockett
-Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami
-The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
-Undeletable Scenes by Jeffrey Brown
-Maus by Art Spiegelman
-Ghost World by Daniel Clowes
-The Children's Book by A.S. Byatt
-Mother, Come Home by Paul Hornschemeier
-Veinte poemas de amor y una canción desesperada by Pablo Neruda
-Kissing the Witch by Emma Donoghue
-Manderley en venta by Patricia Esteban Erlés
-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
-The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy by Tim Burton
-Casa de Muñecas (Doll's House) by Henrik Ibsen
-Summer and the City by Candace Bushnell
-La tienda de los suicidas by Jean Teulé
-Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer
-Ten: New Poets ed. by Evaristo & Nagra
-I Killed Adolf Hitler by Jason
-Everything We Miss by Luke Pearson
-Holocaust Poetry ed. by Hilda Schiff
-Fun Home by Alison Bechdel
-Guía de hoteles inventados by Oscar Sipán

And the best one is...written in bold. I strongly recommend Safran Foer. In 2012 I want to read "Everything is Illuminated" by this same author.
And the great discovery this year has been graphic novels. Just take a look at the green titles.

I wish you all a great 2012 full of good stories!

2 comentarios:

  1. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hello Esther (that's your name, isn't it?)!! I don't thik you remember me, my name is Isabel and we met last year in a kind of writting workshop by Óscar Sipán in cipaj, here in town. It's a long time since then but you write the address of your blog down in my notebook and I found it by chance long ago.
    How about you and your friends?
    I quite like what you write and how you do it, I remember you said to me all you were studying an English degree, so I think I'm studying the same next year, I decided it after going back from London this summer, I'm sure you agree that it's such an extraordinary city... So, I've decided to write to you to invite you to enter my blog, it's also in English and I started it in September if the last year (well, in 2011, not a long time ago) since I had seriously thought about English as a very probable "key" for my future. Well, that's all, I give you the address (although you can also see it if you click on my name), it has no visits by now, I hope you'll enjoy it.
    www.onceinseptember.blogspot.es
    By the way, it would be great to see you again someday, so if you know about any workshop, conference, whatever interesting... I'd be pleased you warned me. Nice to meet you, happy new year, XXX.
    Isa

    ResponderEliminar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...