domingo, 24 de abril de 2011

A fine poem for a great girl

I just finished reading "Heaven on Earth: 101 Happy Poems", as I told you before. I wanted to share with you some of the best parts or maybe the best poem I read here, or the one that made me feel happiest, as it was suppossed to be the purpose of the book. However, I preferred to pay a homage to one of my best friends and one of the weirdest girls I've ever met (if we bear in mind that being weird for me it's the top of virtues,). So here you have a poem about Mary Lou, by Kit Wright. If you read it aloud you'll find it really musical, just like her. Let's see if this forces Lou to write more posts. 


Red Boots On


Way down Geneva,
All along Vine,
Deeper than the snow drift
Love’s eyes shine:

Mary Lou’s walking
In the winter time.

She’s got

Red boots on, she’s got
Red boots on,
Kicking up the winter,
Till the winter’s gone.

So

Go by Ontario,
Look down Main,
If you can’t find Mary Lou,
Come back again:

Sweet light burning
In winter’s flame.

She’s got

Snow in her eyes, got
A tingle in her toes
And new red boots on
Wherever she goes

So

All around Lake Street,
Up by St. Paul,
Quicker than the white wind
Love takes all:

Mary Lou’s walking
In the big snow fall.

She’s got

Red boots on, she’s got
Red boots on
Kicking up the winter
Till the winter’s gone.

1 comentario:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...