viernes, 1 de abril de 2011

"Heaven on Earth: 101 Happy Poems"

First of all, sorry for my abscence for so long, but I was (and still am) very busy.
As you already know, one of my passions (among cinema, black arts and my boy) is poetry and a few days ago I discovered a beautiful book and I felt the urge to share it with you. To be honest, I always preferred sadder and darker poems but this little compilation edited by Wendy Cope is the perfect medicine for a bad day. So, if you have the chance, buy it ( just 1 pound at amazon.co.uk) and enjoy it, because these ones were not made to break your heart or your brains but to cheer your soul up.

"What a delight it is
When, after a hundred days
Of racking my brains,
That verse that wouldn't come
Suddenly turns out well."

From Tachibana Akemi's "Poems of Solitary Delights"

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...