viernes, 11 de febrero de 2011

The Day a Man Almost Dies in the Cinema (and I don't mean the screen)

Have you heard about the movie "127 Hours"? It tells the true story of Aron Ralston, a man who was trapped by a big stone while canyoneering and after 5 days he decided to cut his own arm off in order to survive, as no one knew where he was. The movie was really good, Danny Boyle ("Trainspotting", "Slumdog Millionaire") masters the use of images and music, even though some critics talk about the Mtv generation... And James Franco performes the role of a lifetime, showing the real Ralston character: lonely, sarcastic, brave.
James Franco just trapped
 The real Aron Ralston trapped


Well, here comes the cool part. I went to the cinema with my boyfriend. It was quite empty (thanks God. You'll know why). We were enjoying the movie until almost its end. There is a scene, the one of the amputation, some people should have been warned about it. Boyle shows every single detail. You have to understand that Ralston does not do it before the 5th day because he doesn't have a proper razor. So here we are, well, here I am watching the scene, when we suddenly hear a female voice speaking too loud for being in a theatre: "Richard, what's up? He fainted! He fainted!". Yes, Richard, her boyfriend or husband or whatever, could not stand the sight and the result was...blackout. Ok, I'm gonna be mean, but for two days I couldn't stop laughing. Below you have the clip of the amputation. You tell me if you fainted too, cause, like Richard, some people can't separate fiction from reality. That's the charm (and dangers) of "the willing suspension of disbelief".


1 comentario:

  1. I really liked this but I missed the gory scene since I decided my boots were really interesting

    ResponderEliminar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...