domingo, 6 de febrero de 2011

"Hereafter" and Tsunamis

I meant to write this post before, but I wasn't able, not only because I was revising but because it's kind of difficult for me to write about this.
We all have phobias, everybody is afraid of something. I can't stand birds coming to me, for instance. But that's in real life. In Dreamland I'm terrified by elevators that move in weird ways (so you can imagine how I feel about Harry Potter's Ministry of Magic) and what I'm talking about today: Tsunamis. I constantly dream about big waves coming to me, which according to those dream interpreters it may mean emotions, decisions, chaos...whatever. So you can imagine my reaction when I went to the movies to see last Clint Eastwood's film "Hereafter". The first minutes are a great depiction of the 2004 tsunami, from the point of view of a French woman who almost dies there. It's frightening, even for those who don't feel like me about waves, Lou can tell.

I thought that maybe the best way to deal with the phobia was by facing it, and as I'm unable to create my own therapy-tsunami, I began to watch videos of real tsunamis on youtube. If you're not able to watch real footage, take a look at this video:





Well, about the movie -"Hereafter", not the one above- I must admit that it was a bit slow, but I liked it, mainly the scene of the tsunami and the story of the English twins. However, I found Matt Damon particularly boring and I consider that this is one of Clint Eastwood's worst movies, although for me it's not that awful ("What would "Gran Torino" 's Walt Kowalski say to such a limp and passive film? "Get off my screen" (Kyle Smith: New York Post).  I don't know, I love death movies in general and in particular I like those nobody  else does like "What Dreams May Come", do you remember? The one with Robin Williams and Cuba Gooding Jr.? Dunno, I guess I'm a weirdo after all...


1 comentario:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...