martes, 14 de diciembre de 2010

Golden Globes 2011

Every afternoon I check the internet following the same steps: Facebook, Gmail, Hotmail, this blog and www.imdb.com. For those who don't know this webpage yet, I allow you to stop reading my blog and go to take a look at it. It's the biggest movie and series database and there you can find every information you need about who was in which picture among other things that can be useful in some arguments with your friends. But it also has news and today I want to share with you the list of the nominees to the Golden Globes '11. And, of course, I have a say here!
As it was suppossed to be, Inception and The Social Network can win in the category of Best Motion Picture- Drama. I don't have a say about the others 'cause they haven't been released in Spain but I heard really good things about Natalie Portman and The Black Swan. However, in the category of Musical or Comedy we find Cher's Burlesque. This is what in Spanish we could call a "burla", a huge joke. Who put at the same level this and Alice in Wonderland?
Jesse Eisenberg, the fictional creator of Facebook is nominated to best actor in a leading role as well as some repeaters like Colin Firth, Kevin Spacey, Halle Berry, Nicole Kidman...and Johnny Depp, who is nominated twice as much! (Alice in Wonderland and The Tourist)
 Next thing, I'm going to be a bit cruel, but I'm sure some people already thought this. Michael Douglas is nominated so, let's pray to avoid this to be a posthumous prize.

Christopher Nolan, director and writer of  Inception, could have a triplet which, to be honest, I'd love to happen.
Best animated film: I know, everybody does, that Toy Story 3 is going to win, though I strongly recommend Tangled, in the style of classical Disney movies.

In best foreign language film, my background forces me to desire Biutiful to win. I haven't seen it yet but being an Iñarritu's movie, it'll be great.

TV department.-





I'm so happy for so many people here! Though my heart is divided in the category of best tv series-drama. How can I choose between Mad Men, Dexter and Boardwalk Empire?
In the musical or comedy category I have a preference for The Big Bang Theory but, to be honest, Modern Family should get this one. 

Best Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television; as a fan I want The Pillars of the Earth to win, but as an objective person, I guess The Pacific deserves it. If the last one finally wins, I think Ian McShane, aka Waleran Bigod, should be the best actor in mini-series. Going on with the actors, the male category for drama is full of great performances:

Jon Hamm for "Mad Men" (2007)
Hugh Laurie for "House" (2004)

You tell me who's better. That I put here a picture of Jon Hamm doesn't mean I prefer him best, it's just an aesthetic issue.
Finally, after falling in love with Christina Hendricks, who is not nominated, by the way (angry mode on), I discovered a beautiful and delicate creature who is Margaret Schroeder, played by Kelly Macdonald in Boardwalk Empire, so she's my bet for best actress in a supporting role. 


Departing from the Golden Globes but going on with the series theme, I have to announce that Michael C. Hall and Jennifer Carpenter (Dexter and Debra Morgan in fiction) are getting divorced. A big shock for a Dexter fan like me who just yesterday found out that this season's over... sigh...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...