lunes, 6 de diciembre de 2010

My Favourite Book

I've never read anything from Stephen King...apart from what I consider to be my favourite book. I know many of you would kill me for this, but before cleaning your guns I'll tell you that this book has nothing to do with the rest of King's horror fiction. The Eyes of the Dragon was published in 1987, the year I was born, so I guess it's not coincidence I like it. The Spanish edition was given to me by one of my mom's friends and years later I bought it in English. I've read it several times and it brings me good memories cause I used to re-read it every spring for several consecutive years while eating medlar sitting in my terrace.
It was written for his children so even the style is different. The Eyes of the Dragon tells the story of the kingdom of Delain in the style of Arthur's tales, with magicians, treachery, suffering and love. If you want to know more about the plot click here and if you want some spoilers, here.
I strongly recommend it if you feel like having a good time. I even dare to say that you'll fall in love not only with the book but also with the characters, particularly Peter and his dollhouse.
Come on! Buy it know! It's just 0,01 pounds on amazon! (This is the edition I have, with beautiful drawings inside)

2 comentarios:

  1. Sounds wonderful. I've been loving the Millenium trilogy recently. They're so exciting.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I need to look in to this for sure!

    ResponderEliminar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...