viernes, 17 de diciembre de 2010

Re-bloggin My Friend Andrea

This is the post my friend Andrea wrote today and I feel the need to share it with you all:

 
 
A couple of weeks ago, before all the shit stuff happened, my friends decided that, being English majors and all, it'd be nice to embrace another foreign tradition and have a fake thanksgiving dinner. I obviously thought this was a great idea, but when I entered Esther's living room I found it decorated with these funny looking horses and a banner that said "happy birthday".


For a moment I stood there thinking. "Wait a minute. Is it someone's birthday today? Whose? Oh crap, I missed it and I'm gonna look like a shit friend", but then I realised it was my birthday that we were celebrating. And this was my first ever surprise party.

Pretty cheese



We ate some pretty looking food. And the karma was so good we got a heart-shaped piece of bread.



Lou lou's lips

The mood was so good that Lou Lou left us a little present on a napkin, and we moved on to the desserts. Yes, plural.

macarons





It was Esther's first time, but Lou Lou seemed to be an expert. Although Esther was an expert in the cheesecake field (check her blog soon for the recipe!)


And in case this wasn't enough, we had hot chocolate on a stick. YES! ON A STICK! I was excited. We were all excited. Hell, I am STILL excited. This should be so easy to make with funky shaped chocolate molds, and it would make a great little gift. Bea was excited too.


Here's how this chocolate works: You add hot water,


Do disgusting things with it while it melts, comparing it with poo as many times as possible.


And stare in wonder when you realise your mug matches your macaron AND that one can be balanced on the other.


It was pretty nice, but by the time we were done we were all so full that we needed a digestive aid, so Esther went back in time to the 60s and got out this bottle.


old liquor bottle

A wonderful evening was had by all. A lot of pressure has been placed upon my shoulders to post my presents, but I think this post is a bit too much for now, so check back soon to see what I got.

Hello blog, it is good to be back.

1 comentario:

  1. Sounds like you had a wondeful time and have lovely friends! :) Happy belated birthday xxx

    ResponderEliminar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...