martes, 2 de noviembre de 2010

Postcards from Old Albion

Here I leave you some postcards my father kept from his first trip to London, at the end of the 70s. If you click on them you'll see better the quality and the colour, which I particularly like, and how different (and at the same time similar) to nowadays London it was. It coincides also with the arrival of a postcard from Russia. I feel forced to recommend this webpage to you in the case you also feel that instant happiness when you find something in your mailbox -not a bill, of course- and you still believe in old-fashioned post system above e-mails and e-shits. With this web you can send and receive postcards from all over the world. Again, I encourage you to join it.

Also, this is a good choice for today cause I know where I'm doing the internship of my Master degree on education and I'm really happy with it. Well, the thing is I love English, and kind of like teaching it, but I don't really like kids and teenagers, so when I found out that my internship was going to be in a school for whoever wants to go -mainly grown ups- it made my day. How perfect it would be teaching them literature and film...



5 comentarios:

  1. genial post. Os quiero a las dos a topes.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. wow those post cards are so great! How neat to have :)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. GREAT postcards! i live in London and they are so brilliant for me to see. It actually doesn't look all *that* different -t he billboards in Leicester Square are different and there are even mooore people, but, you know, it looks so similar. Funny.

    Your internship sounds perfect - anyone who wants to learn! What a treat to be able to share some of the things that you love with them.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. These are amazing! The colours are fabulous.
    Good luck with the internship, I also love teaching English, but luckily, I also love kids!

    ResponderEliminar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...