martes, 16 de noviembre de 2010

Who said that British cooking sucked?

No, I didn't! One of the things I miss the most from my last year in England (I was in Nottingham, in case I didn't mention it before) is the food. Some people would be astonished about this declaration, but I really miss jacked potatoes, fudge chocolate cake, fish and chips, pies... Yes, I know is nothing near healthy, but it's tasty! So, saturday night I went to my friend Andrea's birthday party and there she showed me a great book her boyfriend's grandma gave to her: The Great British Book of Baking. Once I oppened it I discovered a marvelous world of naan bread, crumpets, pies, pastries...and I started to drool like Homer Simpson.
Yesterday I was with my friends Bea and Lou making an order in Amazon.co.uk and Bea and me couldn't help buying one book for each. It was 10 pounds and for that price I think we deserve baking the taste of Britain.
By the way, I just received my previous order (check this post) and Tamara Drewe's book is simply great. I strongly recommend it.

4 comentarios:

  1. Lo tengo en mi wishlist. Desde luego la pinta es deliciosa...

    ResponderEliminar
  2. cuando lo reciba y haga mi primera receta te cuento!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I just got a cookbook when I was in London by betty berry? Have you heard of her? Some good things..I'm wondering if she has a certain reputation :)

    ResponderEliminar
  4. yes, amazon recommended me one of her books. Maybe next shopping...hehe

    ResponderEliminar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...